Friday nights, oh how they've changed...

Life in my 30's has certainly changed. I spent my 20's mostly single, enjoying the "free" life, which meant going to bars, meeting friends, new and old, and often having blurry memories that seemed so great. This "free" lifestyle, turned out to be incredibly expensive and didn't get me very far personally, professionally, or where I wanted to be as a person. As I matured and created some career goals, I had a clearer vision of what I was truly seeking. I became much more goal-oriented, focused, and dialed-in on what I was looking for in life.

An opportunity came along to coach college basketball and get my Master's degree at an extremely discounted rate, which is something I had been considering for some time. The coaching opportunity was something I had dreamed about to try as a full-time career. I took advantage of this opportunity and had some great times in the coaching field. I spent about a year and a half coaching and making a lot of progress towards getting my Master's. I was doubling up on my class load and completed my Master's in Organizational Leadership and Administration in 14 months. As my second season of coaching was concluding, I began a job search back in the field of Recreation, with a goal of becoming a Recreation Director in the not-so-distant future. I've since landed a promising job with the idea that I'm pursuing that Director position.

During that time, I continued a friendship with a great girl who made me realize what I was looking for in a relationship. That person was my friend, then best friend, girlfriend, fiance, and now my wife. I've never been happier in my life. Vision that used to seem blurry has become crystal clear now in all facets of my (and our) life. I had discussed sharing some deeper thoughts on social media, but when discussing this with Megan, we thought that putting them in a blog may be a better outlet to allow readers to consume as they fit, instead of the force feeding that can happen in social media.

Here I sit on a Friday night, wanting to share some thoughts, for myself, but also for my friends and others, to help them in any sort of way, from mindless-reading to diving deep, sports to finance, family and friends to getting out of your shell. I'm not totally sure where this blog will go outside of being an outlet for me, and hopefully interesting reading for you.

Cheers to a Friday night in, blogging, relaxing, and getting ready to put in some work at a side job over the weekend to keep making some financial goals become a little brighter at the end of the tunnel.

Comments

  1. You’re one of the coolest guys I know. Love you Phal!!!

    And it occurs to me that this may read as sarcastic, but I’m being totally genuine and I’ll be reading all the posts (unless they’re about sports)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sham! I'll be sure to share future posts!

      Delete
  2. Great share! Oddly to say I myself was in bed by 9:30 on a Friday Night. I picked up a second job as well as started some side projects for quick cash! Being an adult is exhausting, but it’s so rewarding when your goals are met! Enjoy this new adventure, chapter in your life, the book only gets . better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ant! Working hard right now will pay off moving forward! Each chapter gets better to this point. Good to hear the same for you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Adults Deserve Fun Too!

Emergency Blog