Reader Interaction - What are you doing these days?

Hey y'all. When I started this blog about a month ago, I really didn't know where it would go other than trying out a few things and seeing if anyone was interested. From the number of readers I'm seeing through Blogger and Google analytics, it is apparent that there is at least a moderate following, so we're gonna keep going! I wanted to recap the first month and then see what you, the readers, are up to currently. Bullet points are easy to read, so here we go:
  • Friday nights changed
  • I have new hobbies
  • We went to Nashville
  • We got "evicted" but had a plan, stuck to it, and found a new apartment
  • Readers had feedback so I shared more of our plan
 Here are some of the comments I've heard from some of you.
  • (From people I was surprised were reading) I'm really enjoying your blog. It is very relatable and totally true about how life has changed as I've gotten older and grown up.
  • I'm downloading that EveryDollar app and putting to use what I read in that book when I borrowed it
  • Good luck with that 15 year mortgage
  • I've really been looking into a 15 year mortgage. It would be really tight, but man, you save so much on interest.
  • I went to a first-time home buyers session, and it was really informational, you should check it out. Obviously, they are there to get you into a loan, but still, informational.
  • Why would you rent? That is just throwing money down the drain.
  • I read his book after you recommended it about 6 months ago and paid off both credit cards and we're currently working on my truck.
  • On an IG post "Was that the only bird you saw in the park? Did you blog about it!? #bloglife #lifeofa30yrold #xoxo
From all of these comments, my favorite part is that we are inspiring thought in each other. Obviously reading things that other people believe or write can be uncomfortable. When people reached out to me with their feedback on renting, it was uncomfortable because it wasn't our plan. However, they had experience in that area that may have worked in their favor. I certainly realize that everyone is on their own journey, but hearing other thoughts inspires us to think.

The biggest financial difference maker for me, and now us, personally was creating a budget and sticking to it. I challenge you to create a budget or review your finances to see where you are spending money. Could you change something? What if a small change allowed you to pay off your car or student loan, save for retirement, pay off your house early, put your kid through college, or write your own narrative! If I help one person make progress and create a foundation to build on, this was all worth it for me. I know I had mentioned previously that your plans can change. This was geared towards finance, but can be about life in general. The book I'm currently reading, Rhinoceros Success, by Scott Alexander, talks about personal and professional transformation .
While reading the "Plans do change" quote below spoke to me:



If you think you need some motivation in taking control of life, situations at work, and becoming a more bold, in control person, this book is a must. It's an easy read and extremely motivating immediately.

Please post in the comments below with what you are going to do THIS MONTH or send me an email or DM to keep it private. I would love to share your feedback anonymously so others can hear a bit of where some of the readers are at on their journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday nights, oh how they've changed...

Adults Deserve Fun Too!

Emergency Blog