Just Another Day in Paradise...

Hey Y'all!

Section D, Row 38, Seats 1 & 2. OK, it was general admission, so I don't really have a clue where we stood. Last night we checked out Phil Vassar at Summerfest. He has been a staple of our Summerfest attendance for a few years now. Its a fantastic show. Phil has his own hits, but also writes for a lot of other artists including a bunch of songs even I know. I'm not the biggest country music fan, but his shows absolutely JAM! I didn't think shredding on a piano was possible, but after last night, I'm positive it is.

While listening to the concert, he played "Just Another Day in Paradise," and I began to think how much fun we were having in the moment and realize I'm living in my own paradise. Our society has a way of telling us we need to be busy all the time and constantly moving and shifting and working, and working, and working some more. Last night, even for only a few hours, life slowed down. We grilled out with friends, took in the festival grounds, met more friends at the show, had a few too many Summer Shandys, and had one of the best summer nights there is.




We belted out (mostly correct) lyrics on the top of lungs in a light drizzle and had a complete blast doing so. We were in Paradise.  I only had a few short videos. I'm not real good at capturing pics or videos, but I've realized this is more because I'm attached to what is happening when I'm there. Phil's live version of "Six Pack Summer" was about 15 minutes long and weaved in other hits before coming back to it. That was the best link I could find for a live version, but last night's was better.  



Shout out to friend and reader, Jeremy Beyersdorf, for responding to my "Summerfest tix?" post on Facebook and mailing them from up nort, for free! Use and rely on your social network to help you out. Shamless plug - we'll officially be moving on Friday, the 13th! Spooky.

This is an open-ended invite for all readers to join us at Phil Vassar next summer. He puts on a fantastic show and you'll know more songs than you think. And even if you don't, the music is great and it is a judgment free zone. We sang, danced, screamed, hugged, and sang some more.

Find those moments in your life and realize your Paradise!

Full disclosure, this blog should have only taken about 10 minutes to write, but I've been stuck watching YouTube videos and caught myself smiling and grooving in my chair for minutes at a time.

Section D, Row 38, Seats 1 & 2 - Sing it with me, "There's no place I'd rather beeeeeeeeee"

Bonus Links - Looking to go down a Phil Vassar internet fox hole? Thanks to the lady who took video of PV at Country USA in 2017. Here ya go:
I'm Alright
In A Real Love
Carlene
Piano Man

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday nights, oh how they've changed...

Adults Deserve Fun Too!

Emergency Blog