Music Matters
Hey Y'all,
This post started as a Facebook post, then got long and wasn't able to be constructed in one sitting, so I adjusted it to a blog. If you haven't read before, welcome and enjoy!
Music matters. We all like music to some extent, some more than others. Music can create thought, inspire you, or change your mood. Music is one of the finest ways to be brought back to a different time in your life, make a memory that will last forever, or a way to remember someone in your life.
I've worked on creating a list of artists that I've listened to and put together those of you that I think of each time I hear them. I'm sure I missed some people, but I thought this would be a really fun set to publish and hopefully some readers will share it and tag their friends, family or others they think of when hearing that artist.
Some artists are more popular than others, and some me be incredibly obscure, but for one reason or another the artists below remind me of the individuals I've listed. You'll probably notice that more popular artists tend to have a few more individuals tagged. Another trend includes that certain time periods of my life may include the same friends listed multiple times.
Van Halen - Kevin Phalin (this rhymes, and rumor has it he considered naming me "Eddy Van" Phalin) Yikes.
The Weeknd - Megan Phalin - best live concert I've ever been to
Wiz Khalifa - Kieven Sperry, Devin Knak
Phil Vassar - Chris Thorpe, Megan Phalin, Jess Phalin, Kieven Sperry
Meatloaf - Ann Phalin, Jessica Phalin, Kelsey Phalin
Kanye West (early) - Chad Dekker, Greg Manz, Lucas Dix
Kanye West (later) - Ryan Brunlieb
Lloyd Banks - Lucas Dix
50 Cent - Josh Zastrow, Anthony Vaughns, Tim Stubbe
Eminem - Scott Murphy, Tim Stubbe
Chamillionaire - Andy Madisen
DMX - Greg Manz, Devin Knak, Nicki Biederer
Fabolous - Josh Zastrow
Fetty Wap - Kieven Sperry
The Game - Greg Manz, Kelly Irish
UB40 - Megan Phalin, Amy and Jim Brandenburg
J Cole - Ryan Brunlieb, Trent Zimmerman
Josh Turner - Brad Wehner
Beyonce - Shamiah Dekker, Megan Phalin
Taylor Swift - Kristin Grissom, Nolan Free
Stanky Leg (song) - Adam Schmitz
Conga (song) - Eric Worth
Jason Derulo - Brad Wehner, Chad Doedens, Adam & Julia Schmitz, Charlie Thompson
Jay-Z, Kendrick Lamar, Drake, Kid Cudi, Post Malone - Ryan Brunlieb
Lil Wayne - All of UW-L, Devin Knak, Ricky Oliden
Panic! at the Disco - Jesse Kleineider, Dave Freisleben
St Lunatics - Tracy Wagner, Ryan Brunlieb, Kieven Sperry
Tom Petty - Eric Worth
Bob Marley - Delane Emery, Megan Phalin
Mac Miller - Kieven Sperry
Nicki Minaj - Jessica Phalin
Obie Trice - Greg Manz
Nelly - All of South High in 2002
I know I missed some artists and some friends. In general, this post was meant to share some artists and friends that I think of. It is also meant for you to think about music differently and those friends and family that you think of when you listen to music. I hope to see some of you post about who you think of when you listen to music.
Getting personal - In case you're new, I always try to include a small update of what has been going on in my life lately. There has been a lot going on that I'll recap in the near future, but lately it has been about the Bucks! Megan and I have gotten out to a few playoff games and Milwaukee has seen a change lately. The Bucks have been playing great basketball and an NBA title is truly a possibility for the first time in my life. It is time for the rest of the NBA to Fear The Deer!
Shaq on the outdoor TNT set outside Fiserv.
This post started as a Facebook post, then got long and wasn't able to be constructed in one sitting, so I adjusted it to a blog. If you haven't read before, welcome and enjoy!
Music matters. We all like music to some extent, some more than others. Music can create thought, inspire you, or change your mood. Music is one of the finest ways to be brought back to a different time in your life, make a memory that will last forever, or a way to remember someone in your life.
I've worked on creating a list of artists that I've listened to and put together those of you that I think of each time I hear them. I'm sure I missed some people, but I thought this would be a really fun set to publish and hopefully some readers will share it and tag their friends, family or others they think of when hearing that artist.
Some artists are more popular than others, and some me be incredibly obscure, but for one reason or another the artists below remind me of the individuals I've listed. You'll probably notice that more popular artists tend to have a few more individuals tagged. Another trend includes that certain time periods of my life may include the same friends listed multiple times.
Van Halen - Kevin Phalin (this rhymes, and rumor has it he considered naming me "Eddy Van" Phalin) Yikes.
The Weeknd - Megan Phalin - best live concert I've ever been to
Wiz Khalifa - Kieven Sperry, Devin Knak
Phil Vassar - Chris Thorpe, Megan Phalin, Jess Phalin, Kieven Sperry
Meatloaf - Ann Phalin, Jessica Phalin, Kelsey Phalin
Kanye West (early) - Chad Dekker, Greg Manz, Lucas Dix
Kanye West (later) - Ryan Brunlieb
Lloyd Banks - Lucas Dix
50 Cent - Josh Zastrow, Anthony Vaughns, Tim Stubbe
Eminem - Scott Murphy, Tim Stubbe
Chamillionaire - Andy Madisen
DMX - Greg Manz, Devin Knak, Nicki Biederer
Fabolous - Josh Zastrow
Fetty Wap - Kieven Sperry
The Game - Greg Manz, Kelly Irish
UB40 - Megan Phalin, Amy and Jim Brandenburg
J Cole - Ryan Brunlieb, Trent Zimmerman
Josh Turner - Brad Wehner
Beyonce - Shamiah Dekker, Megan Phalin
Taylor Swift - Kristin Grissom, Nolan Free
Stanky Leg (song) - Adam Schmitz
Conga (song) - Eric Worth
Jason Derulo - Brad Wehner, Chad Doedens, Adam & Julia Schmitz, Charlie Thompson
Jay-Z, Kendrick Lamar, Drake, Kid Cudi, Post Malone - Ryan Brunlieb
Lil Wayne - All of UW-L, Devin Knak, Ricky Oliden
Panic! at the Disco - Jesse Kleineider, Dave Freisleben
St Lunatics - Tracy Wagner, Ryan Brunlieb, Kieven Sperry
Tom Petty - Eric Worth
Bob Marley - Delane Emery, Megan Phalin
Mac Miller - Kieven Sperry
Nicki Minaj - Jessica Phalin
Obie Trice - Greg Manz
Nelly - All of South High in 2002
I know I missed some artists and some friends. In general, this post was meant to share some artists and friends that I think of. It is also meant for you to think about music differently and those friends and family that you think of when you listen to music. I hope to see some of you post about who you think of when you listen to music.
Getting personal - In case you're new, I always try to include a small update of what has been going on in my life lately. There has been a lot going on that I'll recap in the near future, but lately it has been about the Bucks! Megan and I have gotten out to a few playoff games and Milwaukee has seen a change lately. The Bucks have been playing great basketball and an NBA title is truly a possibility for the first time in my life. It is time for the rest of the NBA to Fear The Deer!Shaq on the outdoor TNT set outside Fiserv.



Queen Bey 4 LIFE!!!
ReplyDelete